Arabic Course Options and Fees
We offer full-semester Arabic programs during the fall and spring semesters that coincide with the Moroccan and/or US academic-year calendars. These courses include up to 400 hours of coursework and can be individually tailored to the student’s goals and desired timeframe.
Roots also offers an 8-week summer program that includes up to 240 credit hours. Students enrolled in the summer program may also adjust the semester timeline to accommodate their personal learning goals.
- Placement exam
- 5 hours of MSA classes per day (if class size is >2)
- 3 hours of colloquial Arabic weekly (optional)
- Office hours
- Official transcript and certificate of study
- Dorm room
- Host family*
- a fully-furnished studio apartment (available for additional payment)
- 2 meals per day (breakfast and dinner)
*Roots works to accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies during your homestay.
- Orientation session and welcome party
- personalized tour of Rabat
- Survival Darija handout and 3 sessions
- Cultural activities each week: lectures, music performances, calligraphy workshop, Arabic movies, cooking classes (specific activities vary annually and from program to program)
- 3 daytime excursions within Rabat
- 3 one-day trips for programs 6 week or longer + 1 two-day trip for 4-week programs
- Farewell party
Roots offers additional services to independently enrolled students (e.g. airport transportation, assistance in arranging COVID testing and self-isolation). Please inquire with the administration for current availability and pricing.
Discount for recommended students and alumni up to 15% + booking more than one semester (5%).
For students who want to take private language classes, Roots offers one-on-one instruction. The cost of individual instruction ranges from $20–$30/hour.
With the one-on-one options, students can study MSA, Moroccan Darija, or a combination of both. Students may also choose the number of course hours they would like to take per week, as well as how many weeks they would like to study. Roots’ instructors and staff will work with you to develop and customize a study plan that suits the needs of each enrollee.
*Migrants and refugees who cannot afford the prices above can still fill out the enrollment form.
Orientation is an important part of getting started at Roots Academy. After communicating with new students, we book an individual meeting to explain our programs, answer the student’s questions, and identify their learning goals. Following this, we set an appointment for a free written placement test and an Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) at our center. Based on the results, Roots’ pedagogical team works on tailors a curriculum adaptive to each student’s level, needs, and objectives.